My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

It's everything I want to tell people when they make small talk and profound talk, but I often can't. Sickness, sex, and the process of dealing with aging parents feel unspeakable and sometimes unreachable, but they sure aren't here.

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Run it up the flagpole and seeeeee...

Aeryal Originally uploaded by Gulliver.

These writings have been an attempt to see who would respond and what the reaction would be. The blog has become an aerial to locate others and a weatherballon to see what would happen next.

I'm really pleased with the results since obviously, dealing with a body that misfires and misbehaves brings a certain level of grossness to the table in my everyday life and in my relationships. I didn't know what people would think.

I check my statistics for this site daily. I noticed that some people return fairly often - wanna say hello? I see hits from Windsor, CT, quite a bit (hi!); a few spots in Florida; more from Reston and Richmond, VA; some hits from across the state of NY; someone in New South Wales; and a scattering of hits from Mountainview, CA. Helloooooooooo!

Photo credit: "Aeryal" by Gulliver on flickr (click on photo for more of this artist's work). See more of his photos and collages at his website.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Sue said...

Richmond, that'd be meeeeeeeeeeeee

2/02/2006 05:06:00 PM  
Anonymous Denise said...

Floridian! Reading every post in the aggregator, click in several times a week as time permist.

:-)

2/02/2006 05:25:00 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

I'm not giving my location, because I'm very unlike it. ;)

2/02/2006 11:29:00 PM  
Blogger Jami said...

I refuse to be classified as just another Texan from somewhere in the boondocks west of Houston! Oh, wait ... I just did, didn't I? Never mind. ;-)

2/03/2006 08:07:00 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Sueeeeee, hi! Richmond was my former home in '92-'93. Still need to travel back that way. I love Carytown, the 3rd Street Cafe, and the whole vibe around VCU.

Denise, it's so great to have you here! Thanks for saying hello.

Maria, I will never, ever tell, lol! ;)

2/03/2006 03:36:00 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

None of the Connecticut people said hello. *sniff*

2/03/2006 03:37:00 PM  
Blogger Koan said...

From the boondocks of the UK - I wonder where your stats believe I reside...

2/04/2006 06:39:00 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Jami, there you are! :)

2/04/2006 07:05:00 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Hi, Koan! Are you in Lambeth?

2/04/2006 07:06:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home