My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

It's everything I want to tell people when they make small talk and profound talk, but I often can't. Sickness, sex, and the process of dealing with aging parents feel unspeakable and sometimes unreachable, but they sure aren't here.

Sunday, February 05, 2006

I am SO outta here! Come with me.

Hi folks, I'll apologize in advance here that I can't create any paragraph breaks for you tonight in this post. Please bear with me on that. Remember I mentioned my dream of leaving Blogger and heading to the land of milk and honey, otherwise known as WordPress? I'M THERE, thanks to the brilliance and support of a friend who has done nothing but keep believing in me, even when I'm a whining shit. In one of my posts here, I explained that my life was outside the confines of the 9-5er life where the body does predictable things. Doctor appointments, labs, and medications are predictable in my life, so this is a life less convenient; ergo, the new Word Press version of this blog has the domain name and title of ALifeLessConvenient.com, and I call it ALLC for short. This Blogger incarnation will remain right here with all the posts that I have written up to this point (though maybe I will still juggle photos here, if I am obsessing that day). These "old" posts will be transferred to ALLC also, and soon the archive over at ALLC will be complete, except for some comments: unfortunately, some comments here at Blogger may not transfer to WordPress. If you want to see them, you'll have to come back here. In the meantime, you'll notice some quirks both here at SMAI and at ALLC, and if you keep seeing them, 'tis alright to let me know about them. I noticed that some of the posts here lost all paragraph breaks, as I mentioned, and I'll fix that bit by bit. There may be some other bits of technical weirdness, but I found they can often be corrected with the refresh button. And now... *drumroll* introducing.... A Life Less Convenient! [I'm jumping around, tap-dancing off stage-left, in case you were wondering.]

4 Comments:

Anonymous DrumsNWhistles said...

I'm glad to see you're moving to a nicer home! I got rid of blogger and moved to Wordpress last year and never looked back. :)

thanks for your great writing!

2/06/2006 12:34:00 AM  
Anonymous Spicy Cauldron said...

Welcome to the world of WordPress, Jen! I've come to your blog following the trail of the Open Source Poem from Jami's site. I am looking forward to reading your stanza contribution - perhaps it's on your new blog? Or soon will be? I shall head over ASAP...

I moved from Blogger in January. I love having my own webspace, my own domain name and I've seen my visitor numbers climb substantially and they are continuing to rise. It's always nice to know you have readers out there and aren't just whistling in the wind, as it were, especially when you take time and effort over what you 'put out there'.

If you choose to import your Blogger posts, they come through just fine in WordPress with the exception of any posts with photos. If they were uploaded with Picasa and Hello!, both Google-owned like Blogger, then the links to the photos no longer work. The Google softwares prevent you from showing your photos elsewhere. For me, it just added to the general contempt I developed over the years for Blogger. It's a really poor, inept and limiting system. Even WordPress' free system of blogging, available on wordpress.com, has so much more to offer in terms of templates, interactivity, spam catching and so on. So good luck to you in your new space.

Although I imported my old Blogger posts, I left the old blog in place because I amended my header on there to show I was leaving because of Google's decision to help the Chinese government in its censorship and oppression of its own people. That was the final straw for me. Getting away from a morally dubious multinational corporate entity was like coming home to freedom and fresh air. So yeah, good luck to you! x

3/03/2006 05:36:00 AM  
Blogger Falconmyst said...

New site looks nice... I'm going to check it out in more detail laters.

4/03/2006 01:42:00 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

THANKS! Can't wait to see y'all over there...

4/03/2006 01:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home