My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

It's everything I want to tell people when they make small talk and profound talk, but I often can't. Sickness, sex, and the process of dealing with aging parents feel unspeakable and sometimes unreachable, but they sure aren't here.

Friday, January 06, 2006

How the f*%! does this thing work?

Originally uploaded by angrysalad.

This morning, before leaving for a methotrexate injection, which I can only assume had me highly discombobulated: "What did you bump into this morning?" "Oh, I closed the bedroom door on my own head." "I heard you whimpering afterwards." "Did you hear that it was BOOM-boom?" "Yes, actually." "That was the door slamming into my head and then my shoulder going oomph against the jamb."

"You might want to keep that between us." BRILLIANT! Shortly after this incident, I turned on the stove to heat water for coffee and put bread in the toaster. I was keenly aware of my access to fire, knives, and electricity, and I was not reassured. My trip to chemoland should go fine this morning as long as there is nothing too complicated, you know, like doors on hinges.

Photo credit: by angrysalad on flickr (click on photo for more of this artist's work). Permission obtained for use.

3 Comments:

Blogger metrogeekboy said...

I have somehow remained in the land of awkward, gangly-boy adolescence. Most of the scars you'll find on my legs and hands are from me falling from...

Walking. Just walking. Then the trip comes.

Maybe it's because people like you and I are busy looking at prettier things along the way other than hinges and concrete.

I think I might have failed the question on how walking works in anatomy.

1/06/2006 07:34:00 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

"Maybe it's because people like you and I are busy looking at prettier things along the way other than hinges and concrete."

Now THAT's my story and I'm stickin' to it. *big hug to you*

I'm tremendously reassured by the story of your scars. I'm baffled by people talking about walking as if it's nothing. Apparently, they can other things while walking, like breathe *and* chew gum at the same time. Who knew?

1/07/2006 07:00:00 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Oops.

"...they can DO other things..."

I was focused on breathing and eating, so the typing had to go for a moment there. Typical.

1/07/2006 07:02:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home