My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

It's everything I want to tell people when they make small talk and profound talk, but I often can't. Sickness, sex, and the process of dealing with aging parents feel unspeakable and sometimes unreachable, but they sure aren't here.

Thursday, December 22, 2005

When he is the passenger

Said to my father while I am driving on Broad Street:

Bobblehead bunny Originally uploaded by isogloss.

"Stop doing that. I don't drive that badly. Those are potholes and big bumps. I can't help it. You are NOT a bobblehead. Stop that." While on 21st Street, when my eyes are glued to the idiots coming out of Wawa and my peripheral vision still works: "I can see you doing that with your head again, ya know. Stop that. Those are grooves in the road. I don't have anywhere else to go. Don't bobblehead me."

Photo credit: "Bobblehead bunny" by isogloss on flickr (click on the photo for more of this artist's work). See the blog at isoglossia. Permission obtained for use.

2 Comments:

Blogger Maria said...

Can I assume that you're talking about streets in Philly (since all I really remember of my trips and touring of the city is the Rittenhouse Square area and I couldn't tell you what streets it's made up of either)?

Memory of driving around with the real estate agent: OMG. These are the worst drivers I have ever seen in my life! That's what came to mind when I read "glued to the idiots." LOL

12/23/2005 12:37:00 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Yes, you assumed correctly. You know what Philadelphia streets mean? Philadelphia DRIVERS! I see you formed the correct impression during your tour of the city, LOL! I like to think of city driving as a cross between hockey and chess.

12/23/2005 01:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home