My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

It's everything I want to tell people when they make small talk and profound talk, but I often can't. Sickness, sex, and the process of dealing with aging parents feel unspeakable and sometimes unreachable, but they sure aren't here.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Relatives of Tidbit: Defeated!

unmentionables c Originally uploaded by lightpainter.
I went to the doctor today with all the usual humiliations, except he was training a new doctor, who sat in and watched everything, so that was a new humiliation. Tidbit, if you remember from an earlier post, is the now-deceased, crazy-making polyp I had pre-bar examination, and it caused my withdrawal from the bar. I was quite certain that "hemorrhage" and "bar exam" were terms you didn't want in the same sentence, let alone in the same day. Tidbit is thankfully a goner. I expected to come home today, prepped for surgery to excise a relative of Tidbit that was spotted on an ultrasound in the ER. I showed up in the ER thinking I had a bad, sudden sports hernia. Here I thought Donovan McNabb and I were experiencing some sort of spiritual/injury connection. As it turns out, I was just being a wingnut. It happens. So much for that theory. The doc today said the magic words as he scanned my ultrasound report, "Ah. Okay. So no surgery." That's a relief, though I regret not being able to try the names I picked for whatever new junkflesh I thought I would be sporting. The winning name: Snausage! As it turns out, the would-be Snausage was a cyst, not a tumor. It's a cyst that has since desisted. *groan* Runner-up names included Button, Pierre, and Bubblehead.

2 Comments:

Blogger Maria said...

yay no surgery!

12/14/2005 11:16:00 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

One less thing to worry about - thanks!

12/15/2005 12:52:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home