My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

It's everything I want to tell people when they make small talk and profound talk, but I often can't. Sickness, sex, and the process of dealing with aging parents feel unspeakable and sometimes unreachable, but they sure aren't here.

Monday, December 26, 2005

A gift

Ink is blood Originally uploaded by DrJoanne.

This was the best gift I received this holiday: a poem from Silvis Rivers, who posted it to my profile at flickr.

For You Jnnburk :

At the place of the

Dark tongueless tongue

I met the last spirit

Of the self

Life had once made it strong

And it learned the final kiss

And this

Was acceptance

And the loss of bliss

I never knew what to say

When I met the void's face

I only knew

The privacy

Of my anguished space

So what was worth saying

As my soul

On a warfield blacked ?

Only a strange star of

Diary and texts

Could I offer

As the last shell lands

By my shaking courage

And as my fear expects...

Then sister of pain

All walk the muds at last

We shall know them

When the doors

Of our diseases blast

But we shall fight

For our lives first

For we are born

Oh yes ,

Out of a galaxy's thirst ....

Some of you is witnessed with a bow .

Deep respect ...Silvis Rivers ..

Silvis Rivers' profile is here with a link to his webpage here.

Photo credit: "Ink is Blood" by Dr Joanne on flickr (click on photo to see more of her work).

3 Comments:

Blogger Silvis Rivers said...

How nice of you to put my gift to you on a blog . It lights a little candle up in me too..

2/02/2006 08:56:00 PM  
Blogger Silvis Rivers said...

How nice of you ..Jen ..I am not sure how to use these bloggy things so I am sorry if it does not come out right

2/02/2006 08:57:00 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Hi Silvis! Yay you stopped by!

The comment moderation might have thrown you. The comments don't appear until I moderate them. I've had enough with spam.

I was thrilled to receive your poem on my flickr page, and I wanted more people to see your work and enjoy it as much as I do.

2/06/2006 04:05:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home